Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Some say Château, some say Versailles

Disclaimer: my apologies to my mother and to anyone who likes good poetry

Some people like chocolate while others do not.
To vanilla others would not give a thought.
Some like it small while some like it large
Some like to wait while some like to charge.
I bring this up because I simply don’t know
Why someone would build this, besides just for show.



Oh wait! I remember what I learned years ago,
That Louis the Sun King dealt the nobles a blow
When he built this grand palace for parties and games
But mostly to watch over his dukes and his dames.
Because they were focused on themselves in this spot
The land withered away and they left it to rot.


so self-centered and happy to have the land rot away. tsk. tsk.

And I’m done with this poem because as you can see,
My rhymes are getting worse, as I continue to key*.
So now I will distract you,
With pictures of the Château!

*as in typing


Look at the colors of the rooms (it reminds me of my house! blue room, red room, white room).

The word that kept coming to mind was grandiose, but try rhyming something with that.


P.S. I found Cogsworth!

1 comment:

becca said...

Not bad! I love cogsworth! And your poetry too!