Thursday, May 20, 2010

All You Need is Love

So there I was, walking towards the metro, on a bright, beautiful day in Paris. For the first time in two weeks the sun was shining without any fear that storm clouds could get in the way and ruin everything. The breeze was a perfect temperature to cool one off while basking in the warmth.

Like I said, I'm walking towards the metro, through the Centre Pompidou, because I am going to go home.
"Why are you going home on such a wonderfully beautiful day," you ask.
"It is because I am going to London tonight and I need to prepare," I answer.

Yeah, that's right, I'm going to London.

Anyway, I'm walking across this square with the Pompidou Museum behind me when this advertisement (which I wish I'd gotten a picture of) started up and the song "All You Need is Love" by the Beetles came on.

While in the city of love, heading towards London, could there have been a more perfect moment for that song? I contest that there could not.

I grinned as I kept walking.

1 comment:

becca said...

I am so excited to see London! Through your eyes. And maybe my own one day. For now I need to stop eating these chocolate covered raisins before my stomach gets mad at me.