Sunday, May 30, 2010

The guy had a serious complex

Voilà the tomb of Napoleon Bonaparte, French emperor and creator of what is now known as the Napoleon complex. This is apparently a misnomer because Napoleon was actually of average height…blah, blah, blah. The point is, his tomb is HUGE.

Its under the dome of Invalides, which is one of the more famous landmarks of Paris.

Anyway, it is a part of the greater Invalides complex, which is a huge war museum. We just looked at the section on WWI and WWII, where I saw these pretty cool posters. I didn’t read all the plaques, but apparently they were all about how France was the major victor and how America just came in at the very end. Hmmm…


Anyway, we finished up our day by going to see the Eiffel Tower up close when it sparkles (which is for five minutes at 10:00, 11:00, and 12:00). We thought we had plenty of time, but we ended up getting there right at the end of the five minutes, and I think I snapped this picture literally as it was just ending (I took it, looked up, and it was already done—unfortunately the girls with me didn’t have their cameras out, so they missed it and we decided not to wait another hour).

1 comment:

Karrae said...

haha sarah. my favorite is the last picture...what are you doing?? :P