Sunday, May 16, 2010

Château Fontainebleau

This place was amazing. I think that 80% of the reason I liked it so much is because the sun was shining and it wasn’t bitterly cold, but nonetheless, I really like this place.

It has some beautiful grounds (and we didn’t even go into the side garden or the woods), so naturally we took a bajillion pictures, which, if you want to see, are on facebook. Here, however, is a little sampling.


This is where all the Kings and Queens of France lived from whomever it was that finished building it to Louis XIV. I talked to some of the other girls and we’re all in accord that Versailles has more of a feminine feel, whereas Fontainebleau is more masculine. Essentially, Versailles felt more delicate: large and airy, whereas Fontainebleau felt more like a hunting lodge: darker and more brooding. Or something like that. Its hard to explain (especially when I'm using pictures of swans and lakes, haha).


Suffice it to say that this was one of my favorite activities thus far.

2 comments:

Linds said...

I've been reading your blog and vous etes.....tres amusant? Je pense que j'ai oblie beaucoup de francais...(and I can't figure out how to do the accents on a mac.)

Sarah said...

Oh thanks! I'm glad you like it. :)