Saturday, May 8, 2010

It was a very French-y moment


We were eating some Thai food near Gare Nord when we decided to go take a peek at the Sacré Cœur Basilica because it was in the neighborhood. Unfortunately it was only a peak because it was close to 11:00, which is when the last service ends. I was able to look around though, and I can see why it is one of my friend’s favorite churches (not the friend in this picture).

While we were up there, there was this guy playing jazz on his saxophone and two of the group members did a little dance in the streetlight. I don’t know why, but for some reason this impressed upon me as something that I would remember as one of the highlights of the trip. It was probably because for just a few moments, the ambiance of the whole place felt very French to me. It felt like how I imagined I would feel being in France. And that was kind of cool.

1 comment:

becca said...

I've decided that we're coming to pick you up! If only that were true. :( I'd love to have a french moment like yours- reading about it was almost as good as experiencing it. ;-)