Thursday, May 6, 2010

the Latin Quarter

Today’s walk was centered in the Latin Quarter, so called because it was a place for students (who of course all spoke Latin), and not because you can get a really good quesadilla there. In fact, I don’t think you can get a quesadilla there at all. You can however go to Le Procope, which was founded in 1686 and is the oldest café in Paris. Interesting, no? Also, it was frequented by Benjamin Franklin, Robespierre, and other famous guys.

P.S. I’m not sure if it tilts out like that because its that old, or if was made tilting out towards the street a little bit.

Another highlight was seeing the spot of yet another famous movie moment. In one of the Bourne movies (one or two, I can’t remember which one), Jason Bourne tells Conklin to go to the middle of Pont Neuf and take off his jacket. The building that Bourne was on was this one:

And this is what Conklin did:

Okay, so it didn’t look exactly like that, but it was something like that. Also, I didn’t know that this was the building, Jenny, one of the girls on the trip told me.

After the bridge we went and got food (cucumber, tomatoes and brie), which was really good.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Haha! I love that you get so see all these super cool places! I also love that you took off your jacket, just like the one guy did in the Bourne movie. :)

lizzie said...

There are too many posts for me to comment on all of them. But don't let that stop you from posting by any means. Looks like you are having a great time. Can't wait to hear more about it in person in a few weeks.

becca said...

That sandwich looks yummy. I just ate a quesadilla for lunch. Jon would have like the Brie part, but not the cucumber or tomato, so I would have eaten it for him. We are collecting the Bourne movies, not quite as cool as standing in the places the actors stood in, but kind of fun none-the-less. Ü