Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Place de la Concorde

A typical day includes class, doing some homework and then going to do a walk in our Paris Walks book (we need to do about four per week). When I say “we” I can mean just me and Sarah (my roommate—not me, myself, and I), or me, Sarah, and some of the rest of our group. So, the first walk we did was Le Place de la Concorde. For those of you who care, it’s the one with the obelisk and where all of the important government residences/consulates are.



What you probably don’t know is that this is also where there are a lot of very expensive, high-end stores, like Prada, Yves Saint-Lauren, and lots of other places that just sound fancy. This was an interesting walk because I was interested in all of the old buildings that house important people (like the President of France in Le Palais d’Elysée) and my roommate was interested in all of the shops. The result was that we almost missed l’Hôtel de Crillon, which our book told us we couldn’t miss.

This is apparently the most expensive and exclusive hôtel in Paris, and for you movie buffs, this is where Anne Hathaway’s character quits her job in “The Devil Wears Prada.” It is also where you can find Le Petit Palais,


and Le Grand Palais.

No comments: