Friday, May 14, 2010

Dear Dad,

Today I visited some of your old stomping grounds. Well, actually, I guess I’ve been visiting your old stomping grounds since I stepped off the plane, but today I walked around “le Seizième Arrondissement.” I couldn’t remember where the old mission office was, so I was not able to take a picture of it for you, but I was able to see the statue of liberty on the Seine.

I saw some blue sky trying to make its presence shown (but failing miserably. Yup, still cold).

I saw a little park with this cool bird-cage looking thing that may not have been there when you were (don’t worry, its still standing, despite my best efforts).

There was also this cool little street with very picturesque, ancient-looking stone walls. So naturally I tried to take a very dignified picture.

I saw Balzac’s house (but I'm still not sure why he's important), Rue de la Fontaine, the Monet museum (we talked to a guard who had been working there for 30 years!), and le Bois du Boulogne, which was gorgeous.

I hope this finds you well.

A la prochaine!

love, your favorite daughter in France,

Sarah

P.S. For some reason whenever I see an Arrondissement sign, I think of a pirate (arr!).

2 comments:

Abby said...

Don't worry. I had a silly little moment while reading your blog. I thought that this comment - "I saw a little park with this cool bird-cage looking thing that may not have been there when you were (don’t worry, its still standing, despite my best efforts)." Was referencing the picture above it. Whoops.

Sarah said...

I had to go back to see which picture it was. Hahahaha! I'm glad you shared your silly moment.