Wednesday, May 19, 2010

:) :(

:)

While walking to the post office with a friend today, I passed by a building with one-way glass (you know, the kind that looks like a mirror on the outside). I saw that the guy walking behind me immediately turned to the building in order to check himself out.
I smiled because I was doing the same thing.

I like it when I can hear the metro bands playing before I can seem them.

I like watching the trains that aren’t separated into cars move through the tunnel—you can see it snake around the curves, giving you either a long view all the way to the front, or stopping it at the nearest corner.

One day on the metro a man came in with a guitar and started singing. He sang an American country song. I don’t know which one it was because his French accent was so thick.

Making progress: yesterday a friend and I took pictures at a really pretty park, and a man there asked us where we were from, instead of assuming we were American (we had even been speaking in English before that, so either he knows absolutely no English, or... we were speaking English with a funky accent).


Also, today when we spoke French to a restaurant owner guessed we were from Brazil. So I guess our accent is getting more…Portuguese sounding… I hope this is a good thing.

:(

Cigarette smoke everywhere.

Coming home and smelling like the city (a.k.a. Paris b.o.).

Worrying that I smell like the city

Worrying that I’m spending too much on pastries

Spending too much for a pastry (in reality I think I don’t spend enough on pastries, probably because the worrying prevents me from buying too often, so when I do buy, I think its okay to go expensive).

Creepers on the metro

Having people speak to me in English before I have a chance to answer the question they asked me in French

1 comment:

becca said...

It's good to see that there are more happy things going on than not. :)