Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ah, Sunday, the day to get caught up on the blog

I'm sorry that I'm posting so many things on one day, but I've been trying to see as much of Paris as I could during the last few days. We leave tomorrow for our bus trip through Normandy and the Loire Valley, and then after that we go to Nice. So what does Sarah do during her last Saturday in Paris?

After class, I went and bought some flowers for my host mom from a flower market (today was Mother's Day for France, and its our last day with the Burlot's--I was glad we got her flowers because they told us that their own kids forgot to get her anything. ha!). Also, I walked along the Seine and picked up some stuff (some of you may see those later...). I'm sorry I didn't get any pictures of these two activities. I especially wish I'd taken pictures of the vendors along the river.

After that I went back to the suburbs to drop off my stuff and then came back (when the Spider incident happened, see below) to meet up with some friends to go to the flea market. One of the girls bought a fake purse and matching scarf for 30 euros. I was impressed because the guy wanted 60 euros. I'm definitely too intimidated to haggle, so I was really proud of her! (sorry the picture isn't very good).

We did some more shopping and got dinner (it was PizzaHut, don't judge because it was so much nicer than the ones in America), and then they went home and I went to get some pictures of the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe at night. Here are some highlights of the day.






No comments: