Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The commute

First, I want to show you my walk to and from school every day. I’m pretty sure that I live in the most beautiful suburb (la banlieue) of France. Its called Croissy sur-Seine, and although I have not yet been down to the river, I have taken a picture of it from the RER (see below).

I take the right fork.



These pictures do not do it justice, especially since some of them were taken on cloudy days, so you can’t see all of the bright, vibrant colors. Also, the houses here are so cool!



So, every morning I walk about fifteen minutes to catch RER A1 (that’s the train that serves the suburbs, and the A is not the only one), which takes me into the metro system of the city. I get off at gare Châtelet where I find the line 1 metro to take me one more stop over to Hôtel de Villes where I can walk to l’Institute de Religion.The whole trip takes me about an hour, 20 minutes walking (15 in Croissy, 5 in Paris) and 40 minutes in the RER/metro.

No comments: