Saturday, May 8, 2010

Dan Brown has it wrong

I went on a walk today (surprise!) to a church (astonishment!) where I took a lot of pictures (disbelief!). Sarcasm intended because it feels like all I talk about is this or that church that I went to that was really cool. So, I’m going to spice it up a little bit and show you this cool car that I saw:

and this cool pub (I don’t know if they actually spoke Irish English or Gaelic in there because I did not, in fact, go in):

and this bookstore that did in fact sell English-text books (not to be confused with English text-books):

and this fun sign:

and this cool church that Dan Brown wrote about in one of his novels as being part of a web of clues leading to the Holy Grail (ha! Didn’t see that one coming, did you?):

His book talks about how the gnomon (I’m not exactly clear on what it is) is a vestige of the site’s pagan roots (it was actually built to indicate the equinox before Easter Sunday). Apparently a few years ago there were signs telling tourists to not tap on the walls looking for hollow tiles, but I didn’t see any.

(I’m looking way too excited for having not found any hollow tiles)

1 comment:

Saundra said...

Sarah! I love all of your posts and comments. I love all of your pictures of all the churches and statues. I can tell you are having so much fun. Keep up the posting and picture taking. I miss you. :)