Saturday, June 18, 2011

Grace


Grace is in her late 30s, early 40s, has two daughters, and is the director over health for Child of Hope. She is super skinny, has a big smile, and is super funny. Her husband also works at Child of Hope as a teacher. Grace is one of those people that gets along with everyone, can scold while still being funny, and you can tell she gets really attached to people. She has worked with other NGOs but has worked at Child of Hope for four years. Whenever she sees us she comes out to greet us and asks us why we have not been by to visit more. Grace is one of those people who makes me sad when I think of leaving Mbale. I know that when I leave I’m going to miss her, her passion for helping the people in the slum, her humor, her cheekiness, and her example of hard work.

No comments: