Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'm leavin' on a jet plane

I have some time here in the airport (read: I have been here for almost two hours and have one more hour), so I thought I would update all of my voracious readers. "Wait," you say, "the airport? Why? Where are you going?" Okay, so you're probably not asking yourself that, because chances are if you have had any contact with me in the last four months I have told you that I am going to MBALE, UGANDA! For those of you who don't know where what that is, here's a little map:
Yes, that would be Africa you are looking at. I will be spending 3 and a half months in this small country's (it is about the size of Oregon) third-largest city:
I'm going with HELP International and will be doing cool things like making square-foot gardens, building adobe stoves, teaching business classes, community health, etc. Basically, it's going to be an awesome summer. I'm going with a team of people who are pretty awesome and I am super excited to start making friends and getting to know about the culture of Uganda!

P.S. Thanks T-rev for this blog's picture header.

3 comments:

Karrae said...

ooooo. I love the blog header! :D I miss my Une!!!!

lizzie said...

I knew you were going to Uganda. But I didn't know you were already leaving. And I didn't realize you'd be there so long! Have fun. Stop in on your way home, eh?

Sarah said...

Oh man, you have no idea how much I wish I had a layover in NY this year! But unfortunately I will be getting home the Thursday before classes start, so I won't have any time. :(
P.S. I have a layover in L.A. which is super lame.