Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Le Valmy

I promise that I won't post on every little thing that happens, but since I've checked into the hotel that we are at (we meet our host families tomorrow), I have:
found and used an ATM (okay, not that hard since I selected English as my language)
gone shopping for bread, jam, and nutella (mmmm!)
used Euros
ordered dinner and dessert in French
and managed to not yet make a total fool of myself.
Well, that last one might not be true but the rest are. ;)

We ate dinner tonight at Le Valmy (I don't know what that means, or if its just a name), but I had chicken and fries (they didn't have quiche, otherwise I would have had that), and for dessert I had a cream puff type thing whose name escapes me. Anyway, here are pictures of where and what I ate (it looks darker outside than it really was).



1 comment:

becca said...

That dessert looks so scruptious! I enjoy reading your posts- so keep writing! Ü And I'm impressed with what you've done so far, even if you got to use English to get into the ATM. Ordering in French- hmmm... did we do that in Madame Olsen's class? Seems like I learned to do that once, but I could be wrong! Way to go!